Why Lifting Weights Helps Torch Body Fat
Do you want to lose some excess bodyweight fast? As more people lead sedentary life styles and eat foods high in fats and sugars, society is putting away the pounds. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Lifting weights is possibly one of the best ways of engaging your metabolism to burn fat from stubborn areas. Our cutting range of legal steroid formulas will support an increase in fat burning while preserving lean muscle tissue.
Here are some reasons why lifting weights can help you to lose weight quickly and easily:
- Cardio vs weight training. A cardio workout on the treadmill is an effective way to burn fat, but the effect stops when you stop. You have to do an awful lot of running to work off that burger you had for lunch. On the other hand, if you build more muscle the effect will continue throughout the day as you continue to use your muscles. So while cardio is important and adds to weight loss, weight training is a weight loss multiplier, increasing the amount of fat you lose during cardio and normal daily activities.
- Build strength faster. Lifting lighter weights an increasing your reps builds muscle endurance, meaning that you become stronger. You can run faster, jump higher and go the distance. This will extend your ability to burn calories for much longer periods, making it easier to lose weight.
- Lose belly fat. People who lift weights and do cardio can lose more intra-abdominal fat than if they just did cardio. The fat stored around your middle is more damaging to your health than other kinds of fat, so weights exercises that work on your abs can only be a good thing.
- Prevent injury. Running and other cardio exercises can sometimes lead to injury. Especially if your shoes are untied. But having muscles is like wearing a padded suit that protects your vital organs and bones from injury. So if you’re a quite clumsy person and are worried about the risks involved in exercise, weight training can be the motivation you need to start a healthier, more active lifestyle.
- Weight training improves your metabolism. Lifting weights can increase your metabolism for 36 hours, meaning that you burn more calories after you finish the training and go eat a biscuit while watching TV. So as long as you don’t increase your calorie intake and stick to the lifting programme, you’ll lose weight fast.
- Weight training and hormones. A weight lifting programme also changes the way your body uses calories. The more you lift, the more your hormones tell your body to use calories for muscle production. On the other hand, cardio promotes increased cortisol levels, the hormone that contributes to muscle loss, as well as the accumulation of fat in the abdomen.
- Gain confidence about your body. Exercise is all about mind as well as muscle. A lot of people find it hard to believe that they can drastically change their body through diet and exercise, hence the promotion of quick fixes like liposuction or stomach stapling. But lifting weights can yield considerable gains in a short amount of time, if you’re willing to put in the time.
Check out this great video from the Michael Morelli with his views on the importance of lifting weights: